Born on July 05, 1942, Lille (France).
1963 : Engineering degree at ISEN (Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord, Lille)
1966 : Ph.D thesis at Orsay (France), supervisors: J. Friedel and G. Leman.
1969 : Doctorate thesis, Lille (France), supervisors: J. Friedel and G. Leman.
- 1968 : Admission to the CNRS as “Attaché de Recherche”
- Sept. 1969 – sept. 1970 : “Scientifique du Contingent” in the Central Research Laboratory of Thomson (Corbeville, France)
- 1st January1970 : Associate scientist (“Chargé de Recherche”) in the CNRS
- 1970 – 1975 : Researcher in the Laboratory of Surfaces and Interfaces in Lille
- 1st January 1975 : “Maître de Recherche” in the CNRS
- 1975 – 1979 : Head of group of Solid State Physics of the Laboratory of Surfaces and Interfaces
- 1st January1984 : Research Director (“Directeur de Recherche”) 2nd class in the CNRS
- 1st October1986 : Research Director (“Directeur de Recherche”) 1st class in the CNRS
- 1979–1991: Director of the Laboratory of Surfaces and Interfaces in Lille.
- Professor of Quantum Mechanics and Solid State Physics at the ISEN.
- Director of the research of the ISEN group.
- 1991 : Cofounder and deputy manager director of the I.E.M.N (Institut d’Electronique et Microélectronique du Nord, Lille) UMR CNRS 9929.
- 1997-1998 : Leader of the project Ultimatech (program of the CNRS)
- 1998 : Deputy manager Director of the Physical and Engineering sciences in the Ministry for National Education, Research and Technology (MENRT).
- 1999 : President of the ACI « Nanostructures » of the MENRT.
- 1st October 2000 : Research Director (“Directeur de Recherche”) exceptional class 1 of the CNRS (DRCE1)
- 2000 : Founder et Director of the L2MP – Laboratory of Material and Microelectronics of Provence (Universités d’Aix-Marseille I et III et de Toulon – UMR CNRS 6137)
- 2001 : Deputy manager Director of the SPM (Physical and Mathematical Sciences) department of the CNRS
- 2002 : Research Director (“Directeur de Recherche”) exceptional class 2 of the CNRS (DRCE2)
- April 2003 : Director of the SPM department of the CNRS
- 2011 :
Main subject of research: Theoretical Physics of the Semiconductors
- 370 publications
- several stays of 3-4 month abroad France, in particular 5 stays in the Atomic Center of Harwell (U.K) and 6 stays in the BELL Laboratories (U.S.A)
- Authors of 4 scientific books in English, 2 translated in Russian.
- Member of International committee of 2 series of Conferences, organizer of two of them in Paris and Lille and member of the organizing committee of several others.
- 60 invited presentations in international conferences, 50 invited papers in international journals.
- Member, during 4 years, of the Editorial Board of Journal of Physics C, Solid State Physics (England)
- Participation at 2 Conferences per year.
- Co-editor of Europhysics Letters en 1997-98
- Nominated Member of the Section 08 of the National Committee of the CNRS (1995-1998)
IM2NP UMR 7334
49, rue Joliot-Curie – BP 146
Technopôle de Château-Gombert
13384 Marseille Cedex 13 – France